Here is what we will be learning:We have started working on the process of long division. This is being worked on daily along with adding decimal numbers, and basic one by one multiplication.We will be doing out first multiplication Kahoot this Wednesday and I will be assessing students Knowledge of their 3's.Math
(2) Number and operations. The student applies mathematical process standards to represent, compare, and order whole numbers and decimals and understand relationships related to place value. The student is expected to:
(A) interpret the value of each place-value position as 10 times the position to the right and as one-tenth of the value of the place to its left;
(B) represent the value of the digit in whole numbers through 1,000,000,000 and decimals to the hundredths using expanded notation and numerals;
(C) compare and order whole numbers to 1,000,000,000 and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =;
(D) round whole numbers to a given place value through the hundred thousands placeScienceThis week students will demonstrate knowledge of safe practices, including wearing safety goggles and gloves, washing hands, and using materials appropriately, by explaining, in a student science notebook, the class safety rules and the importance of following science classroom procedures.Students should understand personal and environmental safety during school and home investigations are more important than the investigations themselves.
- In what ways can we practice safety during investigations?
- Why is it important to follow safety rules during investigations?
- In what ways can scientists communicate valid conclusions?
- What makes a conclusion valid?
- Why should scientists document their work?