It's time to sign up for fall parent/teacher conferences. Go to this link to sign up:
I will be sending a new book home every week for students to practice. There is a sheet in their book bag that shows what to do with the book each day this week. Please let me know if you need a replacement sheet. All book reports and books will need to be returned Friday. Please let me know if you have any questions.
This week in 2nd grade...October 16-20
Reading - Read Aloud Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
describing characters, comprehension using discussion cards, summary, vocabulary
Vocabulary - main character, setting, summary, graphic organizer
Spelling pattern is soft g and hard g sound and gn - Go to Spelling City website to practice.
Sight words: drink, sing, from, child, came
Writing - Beginning, Middle, End Editing
Social Studies - Historical Figures and timelines
Sojourner Truth, Paul Revere, Abigail Adams, WASPs, Navajo Code Talkers
Bridges ELU - Research begins this week
Learning Resources . . .
The following are resources we will use through out the year.
- Spelling City! Go to the web address below. Scroll down to find the list for this week. Students can practice this week's pattern by playing the free activities!
- iStation - reading practice (30 minutes a week at home)
- Education Galaxy - Math (30 minutes a week at home)
- Education Galaxy - Reading - optional for extra practice
October 16 - 20 Scholastic Book Fair
October 20 - Early Release at 12:55
October 23 - Student Holiday/Staff Development
October 24-27 - Red Ribbon Week
Make sure you have signed up for Remind 101
Text @kfrentre to the number: 81010
Make sure you have signed up for E-Alerts!
- Create an account by signing up.
- To sign-up, click on the "Sign-up" button in the top right corner of the Sunnyvale ISD homepage.
- After you have an account, click on "Subscribe" on my Webpage
***Check the tab on the left side of my webpage for a how-to video!