Homework-How can you help your child at home?
listen to your child read the book sent home by teacher, use suggestions found with home reader, help your child complete the book report
read a book together from the library or from your child's book collection from home
listen to a book on Tumblebooks
practice spelling the words from the word list for the week
practice these words on Spelling City
do iStation for at least 30 minutes each week
A new book will be sent home every week for students to practice. There is a sheet in their book bag that lists what to do with the book each day of the week. These books will come home on Monday or Tuesday. Please keep the book/envelope in the backpack every day so we can do activities in the classroom with the book. The completed book report and book will need to be returned on Friday. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for being part of the "team" to help your child continue the journey of "learning to read".
Word Work - phonogram oi oy
Reading - read aloud Grace for President
Writing - Personal Narrative
Social Studies - Wants and Needs, Goods and Services, Saving
Learning Resources . . .
The following are resources we will use through out the year.
- Spelling City! Go to the web address below. Scroll down to find the list for this week. Students can practice this week's pattern by playing the free activities!
- iStation - reading practice (30 minutes a week at home)
- Education Galaxy - Math (30 minutes a week at home)
- Education Galaxy - Reading - optional for extra practice
February 19 - Student Holiday/Staff Development
February 28 - Picture Day
March 8 - Literacy Night 5:30-7:30
March 12-16 - Spring Break
March 29 - Early Release
March 30 - No School
Make sure you have signed up for Remind 101
Text @kfrentre to the number: 81010
Make sure you have signed up for E-Alerts!
- Create an account by signing up.
- To sign-up, click on the "Sign-up" button in the top right corner of the Sunnyvale ISD homepage.
- After you have an account, click on "Subscribe" on my Webpage
***Check the tab on the left side of my webpage for a how-to video!