College PrecalculusThis is a dual credit class offered in which students get high school math credit as well as college hours. The class is taught just as if students were in a college lecture class. Therefore, it is a bit more rigorous that an average high school honors class and is graded according to Eastfield policy. This semester is College PreCalculus.
Grading Policy20% - Homework (Can be reworked multiple times online for full credit)*15% - Quizzes (Timed quizzes given about once a week)
40% - Tests (Average of 4 tests given throughout the semester)
25% - Comprehensive Final Exam (College Algebra Final Exam written by Eastfield math department)
*Note: Due to the fact that homework grades can be improved until the related test, these grades will not be entered in Parent Portal until after the test.Topics covered in College PreCalculus:
* Analyze polynomial functions in order to graph them, find their zeroes, and perform other operations.
* Analyze exponential and logarithmic functions and equations.
* Use trigonometric functions to solve right angle triangles.
* Graph the six trigonometric functions.
* Verify trigonometric identities.
* Apply double-angle and half-angle formulas.
* Solve trigonometric equations.
* Use the Law of Cosines, the Law of Sines, and DeMoivre's Theorem.
* Analyze the conic sections, and translate and rotate axes using both rectangular and polar coordinates.
* Identify arithmetic and geometric sequences.* Apply mathematical induction and binomial theorem.
1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Functions And Graphs
3.1, 3.2, 3.3
Polynomial and Rational Functions
4.1 - 4.6
Composition, Inverse, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
5.2 – 5.5
The Trigonometric Functions
6.1 - 6.7
7.1 – 7.3
Applications of Trigonometric Functions
8.1, 8.2, 8.4 - 8.7, (8.3)
Polar Coordinates, Vectors
9.1 – 9.7
Analytic Geometry,Parametric Equations
Partial Fraction Decomposition
11.1 – 11.4, (11.5)
Sequences, Series, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem
*Optional Sections marked in RedNotes and AssignmentsThe Powerpoint presentations that we use for notes in class can be found on MyMathLab. All of the homework assignments and reviews can also be found on MyMathLab. Make sure to check due dates to avoid late penalties.