PURPOSE: The Teaching Grant is designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize, and reward ideas and programs that engage and challenge the classroom experience thus benefiting the students of SISD.
PERSONS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY: Individuals or teams of individuals employed by SISD who are involved in the instruction of students.
ELIGIBLE PROPOSALS: Instructional, campus-improvement, teacher-training programs or items that benefit the students and teachers of SISD.
AWARD OF FUNDS: The SEF Board of Directors reserves the right to award and adjust award amounts according to merit, precedence, and availability of funds.
IMPLEMENTATION DATE: Grants awarded must be implemented during the Fall of 2017 or the 2017-2018 school year (with special exemptions available for teacher-training, staff development, or summer programs). Please note that SEF would particularly like to fund a grant that would be implemented in the Fall of 2017.
DUE DATE: Grant applications signed by teachers are due in the respective school Principal’s office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 27, 2017.
The Principals shall approve, rank, sign and submit the grant applications to the SISD Superintendent by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 03, 2017.
The Superintendent shall approve, sign and submit the grant applications to the SEF VP of Grants and Scholarships at his earliest convenience.
1. Applications will be reviewed by the Grant Application Review Committee, comprised of the committee chairperson and the following members:
a. Three SEF directors appointed by the SEF president;
b. Others as determined by the SEF Board of Directors.
2. For each grant application submitted, the committee shall make one of the following recommendations: approval; approval with conditions/modifications; turn-down with conditions for re-submission; turn-down.
3. If recommended for approval, grant application will be presented to the SEF Board of Directors in summary form for review and final approval.
4. Applicants will be notified of decisions.
5. Grant recipients will be recognized by the SISD Board of Trustees. Grant summaries will be provided to the Board of Trustees and the campus administration.
6. Grants will be awarded and recognized at the Spring Gala on April 01, 2017.