1. Be on time and prepared for class.
2. Have all materials necessary to work in class.
3. Be actively involved in the lesson.
4. Be responsible for turning in assignments and make-up work on time.
5. Treat everyone in the classroom in the same manner you wish to be treated.
Supplies Necessary For Class
100 sheet Composition Notebook
Glue or tape, scissors, colored pencils1 small ream of colored "computer" paper
1st Nine Weeks: Unit 01: AtomsUnit 02: Periodic Table
Unit 03: Chemical Formulas, Equations, and Reactions2nd Nine Weeks: Unit 04: Force and MotionUnit 05: Newton’s LawsUnit 06: Forces that Change the Earth3rd Nine Weeks: Unit 07: Climatic InteractionsUnit 08: Earth CyclesUnit 09: Light Years and TheoriesUnit 10: Characteristics of the Universe4th Nine Weeks: Unit 12: Interdependence Among Living Systems (ELU)STAAR Review
Final Unit: Introduction to Biology
Homework is a rarity. If assigned it will be only will be assigned once a week... It will usually include a video or a presentation I want the you to have BEFORE you come to the next class period.Grading Policies
Daily Work = 55%
“No Name” papers will have 30 points deducted from them with the option to earn those points back.
“Late Work” will have 30 points deducted from assignment.
Tests/Quizzes = 45%Correction Policy
- Failing daily grades can be corrected for for up to a 70 on the assignment. This does not include Incomplete work.
- Failing test grades can be corrected for up to a 70 per district policy.
Tutoring Schedule (Subject to change throughout school year)
Monday - No tutoring until after Volleyball Season (October 30th)
Tuesday - 3:10-3:45
Wednesday - 3:10-3:45
Thursday: 3:10-3:45 (By appointment during Football Season)
Friday - No tutoring
To keep parents "in the know", E-alerts, Remind 101, and Google Classroom are utilized in this class. I post weekly agendas on the homepage of my website and have a Resource page on my website that will offer information and resources for each unit.