Students must submit all classwork and homework to the assignment baskets in
Mrs. Walker's classroom on the due date. Their full name, date, and class period
should be on all assignments. Daily assignments will weigh 70% of the student’s
Assignments started in class and not finished will become homework. Other
- Note: Some assignments may be assigned and completed within the class period.
assignments may be required to be completed strictly outside of class.
Engage Learning Units
Students will be working through several engage learning units (ELU's) in my classroom
this year, and these units focus on student collaboration, critical thinking, cooperation,
and creativity. Students will be asked to create products for a a real-world audience.
Even though the product or products are created in a group, there are several individual
tasks that will be completed along the way. Please see my calendar on the welcome page
for when ELU's will begin and project deadlines.
weight 30% of the student’s overall average.
- Unit assessments will be given at the end of each unit. Unit assessments will
this category will also weight 30% of the student’s overall average. Students
- Major Grades/Projects/ELU Final Group Grade - Assignments that fall into
and parents will be notified if an assignment falls into the Major
have one week from the time the paper is returned to submit corrections.
- Late Work- All assignments are expected to be completed by the due date.
assignment submitted late will receive a 30 point deduction.
- Corrections- Assignments may be corrected for a grade up to a 70. Students will
Tests may also be corrected by arranging a time with me before or after
school. Corrections must be completed one week after grade has been
returned to student.
Mrs. Walker's Tutoring
This is time for students to come work on corrections or any other work they
- Tutoring - Tutoring will be offered Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday after school.
may need help with.