Visual Arts -- Include many art forms that are visual in nature. The artist (student submitting entry) is a person who captures their own thoughts and ideas to create a visual piece of art.Art submissions in these categories must be new original art work inspired by the theme, "Within Reach" and should be mounted on a flat surface.DON'T submit art work created in an art camp, but DO use the techniques from that camp to help you create a newly inspired piece of art for submission.The art work must:
You can read all the rules from the Texas PTA here.Follow these steps to submit a Visual Art Entry:
- Be a new and original work based on the theme "Within Reach". A large part of the judging is based how the work relates to the theme as spelled out in the Artist's (written) Statement.
- Not exceed 24x30 inches in dimensions, including matting.
- Be mounted on sturdy material.
- Be 2D. You cannot submit artwork containing 3D objects (i.e. beads, pasta, etc.).
- Consider the theme, "Within Reach"
- Create a new piece of art
- Mount the art on a flat surface
- Write the following on the back of your art work:
- Student Name
- Student Grade
- Title of Work
- Fill out the Reflections Entry Form
- Submit your entry to any school campus
Questions? Contact Heather Sjavik