1. Be on time and prepared for class.
2. Have all materials necessary to work in class.
3. Be actively involved in the lesson.
4. Be responsible for turning in assignments and make-up work on time.
5. Treat everyone in the classroom in the same manner you wish to be treated.
Supplies Necessary For Class
2 - 100 sheet Composition Notebooks (one for class notes, other for scientific notation
Glue or tape, scissors, colored pencils1 small ream of colored "computer" paper
1st Nine Weeks: Unit 01: AtomsUnit 02: Periodic Table
Unit 03: Chemical Formulas, Equations, and Reactions2nd Nine Weeks: Unit 04: Force and MotionUnit 05: Newton’s LawsUnit 06: Forces that Change the Earth3rd Nine Weeks: Unit 07: Climatic InteractionsUnit 08: Earth CyclesUnit 09: Light Years and TheoriesUnit 10: Characteristics of the Universe4th Nine Weeks: Unit 12: Interdependence Among Living Systems (ELU)STAAR Review
Final Unit: Introduction to Biology
Homework is a rarity. If assigned it will be only will be assigned once a week... But make sure you manage your due dates and deadlinesGrading Policies
Daily Work = 55%
“No Name” papers will have 30 points deducted from them with the option to earn those points back.
“Late Work” will have 30 points deducted from assignment.
Tests/Quizzes = 45%Correction Policy
- Failing daily grades can be corrected for for up to a 70 on the assignment. This does not include Incomplete work.
- Failing test grades can be corrected for up to a 70 per district policy.
Tutoring Schedule (Subject to change throughout school year)
Monday: 7:30-7:50, lunch, 3:10-4:00
Tuesday: 7:30-7:50, lunch, 3:10-4:00
Wednesday: 7:30-7:50, lunch, 3:10-4:00
Thursday: 7:30-7:50, lunch, 3:10-4:00
Friday: 7:30-7:50, lunch, 3:10-4:00
To keep parents "in the know",Remind 101, and Google Classroom are utilized in this class.