This Week in Class
Week of: 2/20/18-2/23/18
What are we learning this week?
- Calculate the number of moles of a substance that can be produced from their coefficients in the balanced chemical equation
- Review of the basics of how to balance a chemical equation
- Calculate the volume or number of particles produced or reacted of a substance given its chemical equation
- Calculate the number of grams produced or reacted for a substance given a chemical equation
- Calculate the limiting reactant using two mass-mass calculations
- Calculate the limiting reactant using other mole relationships
- Calculate how much of the excess reactant reacts and how much is left over
What assignments are due this week?
Practice #3 Multi-step problems
Practice #4 Limiting Reactant
Practice #5 Excess Reactant
Learning Resources . . . what websites, videos, materials will be helpful?
Crash course chemistry
Planning ahead... What are the upcoming assignments, projects, tests, etc. for which students should plan?
1/29/18 Unit 6 Mole Concept Test
2/9/18 Unit 7 Chemical Equations and Reactions Test
2/28/18 Unit 8 Stoichiometry Quiz
3/4/18 Unit 8 Stoichiometry Test