Film Production -- is the process of making a film. The producer is not required to appear in the film but if the student chooses to, a camera tripod may be used. All screenwriting, directing, camera/filming and editing must be done by the student producer. PowerPoint presentations are prohibited
Entry may include public places, well-known products, trademarks or certain other copyrighted material as long as that copyrighted material is nonessential to the subject matter of the piece and/or is a smaller element of a whole.
The film must:
- Be a new and original work based on the theme "Within Reach". A large part of the judging is based how the work relates to the theme as spelled out in the Artist's (written) Statement.
- Be on a flash drive in one of these formats: MP3, MP4, WMA, WAV, ACC (M4A) and FLAC
- Not exceed 5 minutes in length and 1 GB in file size
You can read all the rules from the Texas PTA here
Follow these steps to submit a Film Production entry:
- Consider the theme, "Within Reach"
- Create a new and original film based on the theme
- Include the following with the flash drive:
- Student Name
- Student Grade
- Title of Work
- Fill out the Reflections Entry Form
- Submit your entry to any school campus