Saturday, Oct. 22nd!
PTA Reflections Art Exhibit and Awards
Then please stay and enjoy the...
Blankenship Awarded Honorary Distinguished Alumnus of the Year
Beloved, long-time SISD Superintendent Gwinn Blankenship was
named this year's Honorary Distinguished Alumnus of the Year during halftime of
the homecoming game. Congratulations to Mr. B and his family!
From your SISD Counselors:
October 23-31 is Red Ribbon Week. According to the National Family Partnership, “Children of parents who talk to their teens regularly about drugs are 42% less likely to use drugs than those who don’t, yet only a quarter of teens report having these conversations.”
What is the Parent Pledge about?
1. As parents and citizens, we will talk to our children and the children in our lives about the dangers of drug abuse.
2. We will set clear rules for our children about not using drugs.
3. We will set a good example for our children by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
4. We will monitor our children's behavior and enforce appropriate consequences, so that our rules are respected.
5. We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from substance abuse.
You can find the Parent Pledge at http://redribbon.org/pledge//.
Please sign the pledge to help our students grow up safe, healthy and drug-free.
Are you a Sunnyvale resident age 65 or better? SISD invites you to become a part of the SISD Gold Club.
Join the Gold Club to receive complimentary admission to all SISD extra-curricular events including games and performances. Membership also includes monthly lunch or breakfast meetings, hosted by SISD Superintendent Doug Williams and other administrators.
8:00 AM - 12:30 PM Early Release Day
11:30 AM - 2:00 PM SV FFA Booster Club 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off @ SHS
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM FFA Chili Cook-Off