WHO CAN JOIN:
Any high school student who is enrolled in a business/computer class.
- Joining Business Professionals of America means joining thousands of other men and women who are serious about personal growth and their future.
- Business Professionals of America provides the opportunity to participate in an active national student vocational organization.
- An opportunity is given to Business Professionals of America members to participate in state, regional, and national conferences.
- Business Professionals of America members are given an opportunity to participate in many activities designed to teach how to be a leader as well as a follower.
- Leadership skills are gained by serving on committees and holding offices on the local, regional, state, and national levels. .
- The Business Professionals of America Torch Awards Program provides an avenue of recognition and opportunity to develop a better understanding of achievement and recognition.
- An awareness for community needs develops through civic and service projects.
- Competitive events and participation in business-simulated activities provide members with practical experience and recognition.
- Scholarships are awarded each year to members by corporate sponsors who support and promote Business Professionals of America.
- Members gain technical skills through Business Professionals of America’s Competitive Events Program – over 70 events to compete in from financial to information technology to marketing/management.
COME JOIN THE FUN!
See Coach Gay, Mrs. Fisher or fill out BPA Form on SHS Website
under Clubs and Activities.
Click here to fill out BPA Interest FormThe following students competed on Saturday at the Regional Leadership Conference and will advance to the State BPA competition in February:
Sanjeeth George - 1st Place Database;
Sharon Joseph - 2nd Place Legal Office Procedures;
Jasmine Joseph - 3rd Place Advanced Word Processing;
Christy Lukose - 2nd Place Keyboarding;
Chris Lukose - 2nd Place Office Systems and Procedures;
Joshua Thomas - 1st Place Desktop Publishing;
Jamie Jeemon, Crystal Kurien, Sherin Stanley, Merelyn Thomas - 1st Place Administrative Support Team;
Rachel Joseph, Christin Sajan - 2nd Place Computer Animation Team.
The following students placed at RLC -
Angalie Koshy - 4th Place Spreadsheet;
Leslie Thomas - 6th Place Advanced Spreadsheet;
Melissa Babu, Jamey George, Stacy Wilson - 6th Place Web Design Team;
4th Place Team Global Marketing Team - Sachin George, Justin Joseph, Benjamin Phillips, Akask Prakash;
3rd Place Financial Analyst Team – Nia Abraham, Priya Pachikara, Rekha Pillai;
6th place – Fundamental Word Processing Skills – Christine Thomas;
6th place – Small Business Management – Team Alexander;
6th Place – Human Resource Management – Magnus Jacob;
4th Place – Prepared Speech – Mathew Varkey;
3rd Place – Parliamentary Procedure Team – Denissa Babu, Shelmy Thachet, Lydia Philip, Maysa Mustafa.
Congratulations to all these BPA members.