Campus:Sunnyvale High SchoolE-mail:firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone:(972)203-4600 Ext#3220
- Computer Science I
- Computer Science II
- Computer Science III
- STEM 3: Engineering Design and Presentation 2
- STEM 4: Engineering Design and Problem Solving
- All Classes-
Files are kept in a "Google Classroom" to maintain copyright for some of our course materials.
Students will receive an access code from their teacher. Once students have joined their course, they will have access to
our class resources, assignments, and files.
Tuesday and Thursday 3:15-3:45PM
*Later times and other times can be made by appointment.*
Weekly Class Objectives:Computer Science 1:
Computer Science 2:
- Students will be working through a series of programming and circuit labs using Arduino including: operating and controlling a servo, operating and controlling a motor, operating and controling numeric/LED counter displays
Computer Science 3:
- Students will be working with logic jumps using Typeform this week and then students will launch into the Escape Room ELU. Students will us an E-Sewing kit to create a prop and a puzzle for the escape room, as they learn to code and develop for their audience and theme. (The escpae room is geared toward 2nd-4th grade students).
STEM 3: Engineering Design and Presentation 2-
- Students will be finishing up creating and coding their drone challenge course and then students will begin working with and Artifical Intelligence Coding project using Google Voice or Google Vision.
STEM 4: Engineering Design and Problem Solving(UT Dual Enrollment Option)-
- Students will be building a foundation to pass the CSWA (CAD Solidworks Associate) licensing exam and they diving into a Boating ELU. In this ELU, students will: design parts and assemblies as they model their boat in CAD/Solidworks, create technical drawings with specifications, variance, and tolerance information, create a bill of sale aligning with their boating designs, and finally students will BUILD, TEST, and IMPROVE a LAKEWORTHY boat that represents the best design for their team (based on decision matrix-Pugh Charts).
- Students will wrap up their reverse engineering unit as they complete the dual enrollment requirements AND then begin the uilding Safer Buildings/Earthquake Unit
Important Due Dates for Major Projects and Tests:
Congratulations to SHS STEM at their state robotics meet!