- Be on time and prepared for class.
- Have all materials necessary to work in class.
- Be actively involved in the lesson.
- Be responsible for turning in assignments and make-up work on time.
- Treat everyone in the classroom in the same manner you wish to be treated.
Cell phones can be useful devices in the educational setting; however, the reality of the situation is that students often give in to the temptation to use them in unauthorized ways (texting, playing Fort Nite, etc. for example). This has been a growing issue in our student body to the point that it causes major problems in the learning environment. For this reason, I do not allow them to have their cell phones out during class except for the VERY RARE times when I allow them to use their smart phones for educational or designated purposes. If students need to contact a parent, they should ask permission FIRST. At that point, I will allow them to use my phone or get their phone out and use it.
Supplies Necessary For Class
- 100 sheet Composition Notebook
- Glue or tape, scissors, colored pencils
- 1 small ream of colored paper
1st Nine Weeks:
- Unit 01: Atoms and the Periodic Table
- Unit 02: Chemical Formulas, Equations, and Reactions
2nd Nine Weeks:
- Unit 03: Force and Motion
- Unit 04: Global Weather Patterns
3rd Nine Weeks:
- Unit 05: Forces that Change the Earth
- Unit 06: The Sun, Earth, and Moon
- Unit 07: Components of the Universe
4th Nine Weeks:
- Unit 08: Components of the Universe (continued)
- Unit 09: Interdependence Among Living Systems
- Intro to Biology
Homework Policy: Homework is a rarity. If intentionally assigned, it will only be approximately once a week. It will usually include a video or a presentation I want the you to have BEFORE you come to the next class period.
- Daily Work = 55%
- Tests/Quizzes = 45%
- “No Name” papers will have 30 points deduction with the option to earn those points back.
- Correction Policy
- Failing daily grades can be corrected for up to a 70 on the assignment. This does not include Incomplete work.
- Failing test grades can be corrected for up to a 70 per district policy.
During Volleyball season, tutoring will done during R&R time.
After Volleyball seaons, after school tutoring will be available as well.
To keep parents "in the know", Remind 101, the SISD App, the 8th grade Website, and Google Classroom are utilized in this class. I post weekly agendas on the homepage of my website. Specific class information (notes, powerpoints, etc) will be found in Google Classroom.