6th Grade Science:
Sixth grade science is a general science course with an emphasis on physical sciences. The curriculum covers a broad range of topics including processes for scientific investigations. The curriculum continues with topics covering chemistry, physics, life science, earth science, natural resources, weather and space.
1. Be on time and prepared for class.
2. Have all materials necessary to work in class.
3. Be actively involved in the lesson.
4. Be responsible for turning in assignments and make-up work on time.
5. Treat everyone in the classroom in the same manner you wish to be treated.
6. ALWAYS have an outside reading book.
Supplies Necessary For Class: (1) 100pg. composition notebook. (1) two pocket plastic folder with fasteners.
Homework Policy: Due dates for homework will vary. Most homework will be due the day after it is assigned.
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 1 week to turn in late work after the assignment is due.
- Honors Math will have 5 days
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion
Tutoring Schedule (Subject to change throughout school year):
Thursday during R&R.
To keep parents and student "in the know", Google Classroom is utilized in this class. Unit information will be posted here.