IPC stands for Integrated Physics and Chemistry.The course will cover content related to both of those physical science areas.Specific topics covered in this course include:*** The pace is merely a suggestion. We will move at a pace and rigor suitable for the individual students in the course.
Course Outline 1st Semester (Chemistry)
· Laboratory Management
· Organization of Matter
· Changes is Matter
· Chemical Reactions
· Environmental Impact of Chemical Reactions
Course Outline 2nd Semester (Physics)
· Motions: Position, Speed, Acceleration
· Motion: Forces and Momentums
· Energy: Potential and Kinetic
· Energy: Waves
· Energy: Electricity
· Energy: Conversions and Conservations
· Energy: Societal Impacts
We will also incorporate the study and practice of growth mindset, literacy strategies, and real-world application of science concepts.