Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy Wales
Top 5 things to know about me:
1. I have several favorite roles in mylife: wife, foster mom, daughter, sister (I have 2 older sisters), and teacher!
2. I love love love the color pink! "My colors are blush and bashful...no they are pink and pink." Steel Magnolias
3. I love chocolate, coffee, sweet tea, and chick fil a...yep in that order:)
4. I love capturing moments, people, and just simple life through photos
5. I have incredible passion to help people discover what they are passionate about and how to pursue that passion!!!!
Here is some serious stuff about my back ground:
I am entering my 13th year of teaching this 2018-2019 school year. I am super excited! I graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in Journalism and Marketing, which I used for about 5 years right after I graduated. I then pursued my Masters at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary in Marriage and Family Counseling. I got back to Texas by doing my counseling internship in Austin. After, that I worked at church in the youth ministry. It was during this time that I decided I would get my certification to teach. I started my teaching career teaching resource English and Occupational Prep in Hays CISD where I taught for five years before moving back to my hometown of Dallas. I taught in Dallas ISD in an elementary specialized classroom setting. I then taught in Frisco for 4 years teaching Inlusion and Ocuppational Prep. This my second year in Sunnyvale! I am incredibly happy to be here!