Honor Choir Practice Tracks:
The time to sign up for a chance to be in
the 2018-2019 4th Grade Honor Choir has passed.
4th Grade Honor Choir is an after school choir open to 4th graders by audition. We rehearse on Tuesdays after school, 3:45-5:00 p.m. September-May. This a full school year comittment. This group will be open to only 50 members. Selection is done by audition on September 11th. Please download and fill out a permission form below. Return the form to Mrs. Stout by September 7th. (if you have trouble printing, please see Mrs. Stout for a printed copy)
*Please note: Students will be released from the back doors of the building (the gym entrance) at 5:00 p.m.
$20 for a t-shirt
Spring Rehearsals (3:45-5:00 p.m.):
January 15th, 22nd, 29th
February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
March 5th, 19th, 26th
April 2nd, 9th, 23rd, 30th
May 7th, 14th
Spring Performance: May 7th, 7:00 p.m.
Competition: NRH2O May 17th, 9:00 a.m. (during school hours) *more info to come
The Sunnyvale Honor Choir is a true "Honor Choir". It will be an honor to be part of it. You will be selected through an audition process, and because of the nature of the choir, you must display exceptional behavior during class, so that I will know you will be a wonderful and well-behaved member of the Honor Choir.
GOALS of the Sunnyvale 4th Grade Honor Choir:
1. To give elementary students a positive choral experience that will foster a lifelong love of music.
2. To be a vehicle for encouraging students to stay in a music program throughout middle school, high school, and beyond.
3. To provide students with the opportunity to develop good choral skills and musicianship through quality performances.
4. To demonstrate the importance of self-discipline in a choral-setting.
5. To provide an environment to foster the talents of the gifted and talented students in Sunnyvale Elementary.
In order for the Sunnyvale Honor Choir to acheive these goals, its members must demonstrate the ability to:
1. Speak or communicate with others only when appropriate.
2. Stay focused and actively engaged during rehearsals and performances.
3. Attend all rehearsals and stay informed of important information concerning Sunnyvale Honor Choir events.
Selection by Audition:
Auditions will be held during the first rehearsal on September 11th. Students will be required to sing one accapella verse of the song we will prepare at the first meeting and up and down a scale (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do) with the piano.
Honor Choir shirt (tucked in), black pants or skirt (must follow dress code), and black shoes and socks
Responsibilities and and Expectations:
a. Arrive at rehearsals promptly and be prepared
b. Ensure that your parents receive and have read all memos and notes
c. Listen to all instructions.
a. You are expected to faithfully attend all rehearsals and performances.
b. If you are absent, you must bring a signed note to the next rehearsal or performance explaining your absence.
c. Failure to attend three rehearsals or a performance during a semester will result in dismissal from the group (being asked to leave the choir).
*Scheduling a make-up session within a week of your absence and then attending it will erase the absence. (The actual session does not have to be within a week of the absence, just the scheduling.)
a. You are expected to listen to and follow directions during rehearsal.
b. You are expected to demonstrate behavior that will result in the achievement of the goals of the Sunnyvale Honor Choir.
c. As a representative of Sunnyvale Elementary, you are expected to demonstrate exceptional behavior and manners at all times.
d. Misbehavior during rehearsals/performances will result in communication with parents.
e. Continued misbehavior is grounds for dismissal from the choir.