7th Grade Announcements
Week of November December 2nd
What's going on in class?
Monday - Personal narrative rough draft - due tomorrow
Tuesday - Personal narrative peer editing & revising
Wednesday - Dead Word Tombstone with group
Thursday - Add personal narrative final draft to writing portfolio
Friday - "A Christmas Carol"ELA (Henderson):
Texas History (Kendzior): Texas RevolutionTexas History (Walker): Students will be working on creating a children's book-'Twas the Battle of the Alamo. They will be changing up the story 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. This is a major grade!
Texas History (Gunter): We are starting on the events leading up to the Texas Revolution
Math (Moorman and Thompson): We are finishing up probabilty with sample space, making predictions, and idenpendent and dependent events. QUIZ Friday!!
Honors Math (Moorman and Wilson): We are starting Scatterplots
Science (Gomez): We are beginning Unit 4: Heredity. Test will be Monday, December 16.
Science (T. Smith):
7th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 5 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 3 days
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion