8th Grade AnnouncementsDecember 12-14
Classroom work for the WEEK OF December 9-13
Camacho(STEM/Science): Please see Coach Camacho's website for specifics.
Campos(Spanish): Please see Coach Campos' website for specifics.
Fitz(ELAR): We will be finishing up with Unit 6 on Monday and Tuesday, reading two poems that were written about the Holocaust. Then we have a unit test on Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday, we will begin writing for the Every Child Has A Name contest. This is sponsored by the Dallas Holocaust Museum.
*Literature/Drama & Nonfiction:
Socratic Circle Discussion Monday- Test grade: [Anne Frank, Elie Weisel, & Corrie Ten Boom]
Vocabulary Quiz Tuesday- Select 8 words from INB to do a personalized quiz.
Complete Unit 6 Textbook: Nonfiction, Poetry, Speeches from Holocaust
*Grammar: Simple, compound, and complex sentences
*Weekend Reading: Your own pleasure reading book & one new vocabulary word.Holland(World History): "Mr. World History Man" questions due Tuesday, Dec. 17thMitchell(Algebra I): Please see Mr. Mitchell's website for specifics.
Neff/Smith(Science): Continue Plate tectonics; Unit 5 Test will be January 15th
Algebra I Students: It is highly encouraged for you to have your own TI-84plus calculator.
8th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 2 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 1 day
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion