You all represented Sunnyvale Middle School so well. I am so proud of all the work you have done. You are all better musicians because of this process.
Congratulations to the 2019 All-Region Members:
Saturday, February 2
Richardson North Junior High
1820 N Floyd Rd
Richardson, TX 75080
Registration Time: Block = BK
Block A-Registration-7:30AM Audition-8:00-10:00AM
Block B-Registration-9:30AM Audition-10:00AM-Noon
Block C-Registration-12:30PM Audition-1:00-3:00PM
Students must arrive at their designated registration time.
All-Region auditions are Saturday, February 2. Each student will sing the audition pieces and sight-read.
- GIRLS- Forget Not My Heart / Spring Song / Sight-reading
- BOYS- Seeing Nellie Home / Psallite Hodie / Sight-reading
Feel free to ride together if you are assigned to be in the same audition block. Please check ride arrangements ASAP!!
All of the auditions will be finished sometime after 5:00PM. I will send out a REMIND text with the results as soon as we have them after 6:00PM. Be sure you have signed up for the Region Remind 101. (Text @valeall to 81010).
Please read the student instructions page carefully. Be sure you are all warmed-up and have practiced with the cuts several times. There will NOT be a place for you to warm-up. Please dress nicely for the audition. Girls should wear a nice dress, long skirt or nice slacks and blouse. Guys should wear khaki pants or other dress slacks.
I am very proud of each one of you for your work and for representing Sunnyvale MS. You have worked very hard and will do an outstanding job!! Please relax and concentrate during your audition. Be sure to bring and use your music. Good luck!
- Plan to arrive at Richardson North JH at your registration time. It will take you 35 minutes to get there from Sunnyvale, so plan ahead what time you will need to leave your house.
Arriving early will help with the nerves that day.
- Enter at the main entrance. There will be a registration table when you walk in. You will need to know your voice part and girls, you will also need to know which room you sing in. You will be given a name tag with an audition number on it.
- You will go to the cafeteria (your parents can wait there with you). Listen carefully for your block and voice part to be called. Students should NOT report to their audition rooms until they are called. Do not practice in the cafeteria.
- After your group is called, you will go to your audition room (follow the signs). Take your audition music with you – DO NOT TRY TO SING FROM MEMORY! You will check in with the room monitor. Parents may not go with you to your room.
- Upon entering the room the monitor will tell the judges your audition number and leave. There will be a music stand for you to put your music on. You will sing by yourself with the tracks. The girls first song will be “Forget Not My Heart”, followed by “Spring Song”. The boys first song will be “Seeing Nellie Home”, followed by “Psallite Hodie”. Make sure you have your music ready in that order, turned to the correct page to start singing.
- After singing the songs, the CD will continue with sight reading instructions. Start practicing silently while the instructions are spoken. Then you will be given the starting pitch and told to begin. You will have 30 seconds to practice without being judged. Make sure you practice OUT LOUD, not silently. You will be told to stop, then given the starting pitch again. This time you sing OUT LOUD again and you are being judged. When you finish, thank the judges and leave.
- After the audition you may leave the school. Students earning the highest scores on the song and sightreading are chosen for the All-Region Choir. The top 10 girls in each audition room will be selected for the Concert Treble Choir. The next 10 girls in each room will be in the Honor Treble Choir. The top 25 boys in each room will be in the Concert Tenor Bass Choir.
Since students are auditioning throughout the day, with results not being announced until after every student has sung, results will not be known until Saturday night. I will text you as soon as I know whether or not you made the Region Choir.
Last Name First Name Part Block & Group Rm. ANDERSON HAYDEN Alto BK A, GR C C11 D'ELIA MORGAN Alto BK C, GR I C11 CANTU JASMINE Alto BK B, GR E C12 MILES GRACE Alto BK C, GR K C12 ASAFO-AGYEI MATTHEW Bass BK B, GR E G11 BOHANAN ETHAN Bass BK C, GR L G11 EGWUONWU JR VINCENT Bass BK A, GR C G11 MORGAN COLTON Bass BK B, GR H G11 PATTERSON BLAKE Bass BK C, GR I G11 RAMEY NATHANIEL Bass BK B, GR F G11 SKARIAH JACOB Bass BK A, GR B G11 CANTU SOFIA Sop 1 BK B, GR F A11 EASO MAYA Sop 1 BK A, GR A A11 FAWCETT SYDNEY Sop 1 BK B, GR H A11 STEVENS EMILY Sop 1 BK B, GR E A11 FISH HALLIE Sop 1 BK B, GR G A12 RANTA OLIVIA Sop 1 BK B, GR E A12 WILLIAMS SIDNEY Sop 1 BK A, GR B A12 HEARNE KHYRAL Sop 1 BK C, GR I A12 FISHER AUDREY Sop 2 BK B, GR G B11 HICKMAN ISABELLE Sop 2 BK C, GR I B11 JOJAN JOANA Sop 2 BK B, GR H B11 POWELL HANNAH Sop 2 BK B, GR E B11 KURVILLA CHRISTEN Sop 2 BK B, GR G B12 NGUYEN KENNEDY Sop 2 BK B, GR H B12 SCHLEGEL JOSIE Sop 2 BK B, GR E B12 SHARMA KARISHMA Sop 2 BK B, GR F B12 AZIZ HATIM Tenor 1 BK C, GR L E11 BENNETT DREW Tenor 1 BK A, GR C E11 JOHN JEREMY Tenor 1 BK B, GR F E11 KILPATRICK BRENDAN Tenor 1 BK B, GR E E11 MATHEW RYAN Tenor 1 BK C, GR L E11 MCWHORTER WESTON Tenor 1 BK B, GR E E11 SENTER PRESTON Tenor 1 BK C, GR K E11 SLYTER RYAN Tenor 1 BK C, GR I E11 TANCK ETHAN Tenor 1 BK B, GR H E11 WILLIAMS JONATHAN Tenor 1 BK A, GR B E11 DE LOS SANTOS JR JOSE Tenor 2 BK B, GR E F11 JOHN BENJAMIN Tenor 2 BK A, GR C F11 MONSON CAMERON Tenor 2 BK B, GR H F11 NEVE TRE Tenor 2 BK A, GR D F11 SUAREZ JULIAN Tenor 2 BK B, GR H F11 VADAKEKUT NEHEMIAH Tenor 2 BK B, GR E F11 WILLIAMS REID Tenor 2 BK B, GR F F11