• When your child with a disability turns 18, your parental rights will transfer to your adult student. So what are your options to continue to help protect them medically, financially, etc?  It use to be that Guardianship was the only way to navigate this process for students with significant cognitive disablilites.  That is no longer the case! Now there are LOTS of different avenues you can take as a parent to help support your adult student as they transition to this new phase.  The attached document discusses each of these options in detail and also has hyperlinks embedded with additional resources in each section. Check it out and decide which couse of action is best for your family. 


    Transfer of Rights