Dear Sunnyvale Parents and Community,
Welcome to Sunnyvale High School and the 2021-2022 school year!
Our mission here at Sunnyave High School is to aid in the growth of our students to create "Future Ready" graduates. Our marks of a future ready graduate include:
- We want our graduates to be skilled collaborators that have the soft skills to help them thrive in work with others to solve complex problems.
- We want our graduates to be high charactered engaged citizens that make a difference in their world through service and leadership.
- We want our graduates to be innovative thinkers that have a curiosity for learning and an adaptability that helps them overcome obsticles that they will face in their futures.
- We want our graduates to be independent learners that are goal oriented and have the life skills to manage themselves as they leave our building.
- We want our graduates to be have a high emotional intelligence as well as be skillful communicators to allow them to be equipt leaders in our global community.
For those that would like to know a little more about me, the 2021-2022 school year will be my 14th year as a campus administrator and my 19th year in education. I began my career as a science teacher and coach in Wylie ISD. I then served for 4 years as an assistant principal at Wylie High School before becoming principal of Plainview High School, in Ardmore, Oklahoma. After 5 years as principal of Plainview High School, I returned to Texas and served as principal of Rockwall Quest Academy in Rockwall ISD for two years. In 2019 I was blessed with the opportunity to become principal at Sunnyvale High School. I am humbled to be able to serve in this community and work with some of the best students and staff in the state of Texas.
I earned my Bachelor of Science degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University in Weatherford, Oklahoma and a Master of Educational Leadership from Dallas Baptist University.
I have been married to my wife, Megan, for 17 years. We have two amazing sons, Chase and Brady.
I want to thank our parents for the opportunity to work with their students. We look forward to partnering with parents and the community to build a foundation for our students’ success.
Sunnyvale High School