Ms. Henderson's ELAR Class
WORKSHOP/TUTOR TIMES: Tuesdays, 3:15-3:45
Please sign up for ELA Reminder 101: Text 81010
8th Grade Honors: @e3c47a
7th Grade Honors: @728d68
7th Grade Regular: @a2cc3f7
Ms. Angela Henderson
“The single factor most strongly associated with reading achievement--more than socioeconomic status or any instructional approach--is the amount of time spent in reading independently.”
2nd Semester Weekend Homework: Please read at least 30 minutes and record one new word in your Vocabulary Finder in your INB (page, word, definition, book sentence, own sentence)
Students' Writing Published & Class Activities Featured!
Please Follow Us On:
Facebook Page: Kidsbook Friends
Twitter: @Kidsbookfriends & @smslearns
What are we learning this week? See Grade Level Page for Details!
7th Grade: Mythology
1. Prometheus (handouts)- Determine theme/textual evidence
2. Perseus & Medusa- (Scholastic Drama)- Story Map
3. Icarus & Daedalus- (Text Book)- page 915-921. Cause & Effect, Literary Analysis, Vocabulary
4. Demeter & Persephone- (Text Book)- page 922-931. Critical Thinking Q&A
5. Echo & Nacissus- (Website Link)- Narcissism/personality discovery
6. Student Choice- (Website Link)- Select one of the 12 Olympians and read the story to use the background as you create your own story in comic strip form where a superhero and god/goddess interact in a quest of their own!*
7. Sif's Golden Hair- (handout)- STAAR practice passage
8. Orpheus & Eurydice- (handout)- recall, comprehend, compare, conclude
(Skip questions #4 & #8)
Want to donate to our class needs?
- $5 gift card donations for "curiousity card" contest PRIZES!
- New or "Like New" books of popular YA titles for Prizes!!!
- Starbursts & Lifesaver Candies
- Colored pens and mini post-it notes