English Language Arts, 7th/8th Honors
Sunnyvale Middle School
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 972-226-2922 Ext.2111
Ms. Henderson's ELAR ClassWORKSHOP/TUTOR TIMES: Tuesdays, 3:15-3:45Parents,Please sign up for ELA Reminder 101: Text 810108th Grade Honors: @e3c47a7th Grade Honors: @728d687th Grade Regular: @a2cc3f7Thank you.Ms. Angela Henderson“The single factor most strongly associated with reading achievement--more than socioeconomic status or any instructional approach--is the amount of time spent in reading independently.”Students' Writing Published & Class Activities Featured!
Please Follow Us On:Blog: www.kidsbookfriends.comFacebook Page: Kidsbook FriendsInstagram: Kidsbookfriends_InstabooksTwitter: @Kidsbookfriends & @smslearnsSummer Reading Projects- Pictures will be featured throughout the week on kidsbookfriends_instabooksWhat are we learning this week?1st period 12/19/18:
Want to donate to our class needs?
- INSPIRE ACTIVITY ( videos/discuss inspire/write letter)
- Students, please write a letter to SOMEONE that has inspired you. Use this format: Friendly Letter Format
- (ACTUALLY WRITE A LETTER AND PUT IN AN ENVELOPE)
- Give the letter to that person or mail it if you need to do so.
- View three vidoes before you begin to write:
News/video/newly-released- diary-entries-letters-george- hw-bush-59570873
ACTIVITY: Writing Letters ...when is the last time you actually WROTE a note and mailed it to someone?
They were talking on the news this morning about how that was one of the things everyone appreciated about President George H. W. Bush!️. They had several stories about how personal and sincere he always was in sending letters to his family and friends! They went on to say how it is becoming so rare that people actually send letters and card anymore because of texting, emails and social media! I love sending and receiving note and cards in the mail from people in my life...don’t you? There is just something special and personal about it!🥰
So, my question to you is...when is the last time you sent someone a note, or actually put a letter or card in the mail?
- $5 gift card donations for "curiousity card" contest PRIZES!
- New or "Like New" books of popular YA titles for Prizes!!!
- Starbursts & Lifesaver Candies
- Colored pens and mini post-it notes