Units that we are covering during the 3rd nine weeks.
Unit 5 Chemical Formulas
Unit 6 Chemical Equations and Reactions
Unit 7 Mole/Stoichiometry
Unit 8 Gases
What are we learning this week?
- Name the diatomic elements
- Write formula equations given the word equation for a chemical reaction
- Explain the Law of Conservation of Atoms
- Balance equations using the “tally method”
- Write the out the formula equations from word equations
- Balance the corresponding formula equation
- Identify different types of reactions
- Predict the products of a reaction using the rules of each reaction
What assignments are due?
Exit Ticket #1
Exit Ticket #2
Learning Resources . . . what websites, videos, materials will be helpful?
Crash course chemistry
Tyler Dewitt chemistry videos
Planning ahead... What are the upcoming assignments, projects, tests, etc. for which students should plan?
January 18 Unit 5 Quiz
February 5&6 Unit 6 Test
February 15 Unit 7 Quiz
February 26& 27 Unit 7 Test
March 8 Unit 8 Quiz
March 22 Unit 8 Test
Chemical Reactions Project (TBA)
Mole Project (TBA)