10th Grade, Chemistry Teacher
Sunnyvale High School
E-mail: email@example.comPhone: 972-203-4600Tutorials- AM/Tuesday&ThursdayPM/Monday&TuesdayOnline textbook and resources: https://hs.saplinglearning.com/ibiscms/login/Course Syllabus: Chemistry Syllabus
- Notebook or folder
- #2 pencils
- Notebook paper/Spiral
- Texas Instruments TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator
- Colored pencils
- Hand sanitizer
Units that we are covering during the 1st nine weeks.Introduction: Processes of Chemistry Investigations
Unit 1 Matter
Unit 2 Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
Unit 3 Chemical BondingWhat are we learning in Unit 1?
What assignments are due?Learning Resources . . . what websites, videos, materials will be helpful?
- Laboratory safety and equipment
- Differentiate between mass and weight
- Compare and contrast the properties of the states of matter
- Classify matter into categories including: pure substances and mixtures
- Explain the difference between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures
- Classify changes as either physical or chemical
- Classify properties of substances as either physical or chemical
- Explain the law of conservation of mass
Khan academyCrash course chemistryBozeman scienceTyler Dewitt chemistry videosPlanning ahead... What are the upcoming assignments, projects, tests, etc. for which students should plan?