Units that we are covering during the 4th nine weeks.
Unit 8 Gases
Unit 9 Solutions
Unit 10 Acids and Bases
What are we learning in Unit 10 Acids and Bases?
- Define an acid and base according to the Arrhenius definition
- Review the correct way to write the names and formulas for acids and bases
- Describe and list properties that pertain to acids and bases
- Explain the correlation to strength of acids and bases to pH and pOH scale
- Calculate pH, pOH, [H+], and [OH-]
- Explain what a neutralization reaction is
- Write the corresponding formulas in neutralization reactions
- Calculate an unknown concentration of an acid or base using a titration
What assignments are due?
Learning Resources . . . what websites, videos, materials will be helpful?
Crash course chemistry
Tyler Dewitt chemistry videos
Planning ahead... What are the upcoming assignments, projects, tests, etc. for which students should plan?
Unit 8 Combined Gas Law and Ideal Gas Law Quiz (Reg) April 1 & 2
Unit 8 Boyle's Gas Law through Combined Gas Law Quiz (Honors) April 1 & 2
Unit 8 Gas Laws Test (Honors) April 5
Unit 9 Solutions Quiz April 17 & 18
Unit 9 Solutions Test April 26
Unit 10 Acids & Bases (Reg) Test May 15 & 16
Unit 10 Acids & Bases Quiz (Honors) May 20th