7th Grade Announcements
Week of January 20th- 21st
What's going on in class?
ELA (Teel):ELA (Henderson):
Unit 2: “Reality Check”—””What can blur the lines between what’s real and what’s not?”
“Always remember: Your focus determines your reality.”—George Lucas
Collection of work based on this theme:
Period 5- Personal reading project: “Shoes of Another”—Due Friday, January 24th.
(We had three days of class time to work on it too.)
Period 6 & 7- Work on A Wrinkle in Time/Group Project—Presentations Tuesday
Aim for mastery level of compound and complex sentence through practice in writing, worksheets, and testing.
Period 5: A Wrinkle in Time (one-sentence-summary & one vocab word), Extra Credit for purchasing the book and doing all notes in the book.
Period 6 & 7: Book of Your Choice— Read at least 30 minutes & write one new vocab word.
Texas History (Kendzior): Finishing up Texas Revolution- Open Notebook Test Thursday, January 22Texas History (Walker): Test Thursday over the Republic of Texas and Annexation.
Texas History (Gunter):
Math (Moorman and Thompson): Mixed area review and area of composite figures.
Honors Math (Moorman and Wilson): Starting Unit 7 Transformations (Translations, Reflections, Rotations and Dilations)
Science (Gomez): We will continue with Unit 5 including adaptations, natural and artificial selection, and selective breeding. No tests or quizzes this week.
Science (T. Smith):
7th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 5 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 3 days
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion