7th Grade Announcements
What's going on in class?
ELA (Teel):Monday - Finish questions for "Rogue Wave"; online textbook assignmentsTuesday - Finish up online textbook assignmentsWednesday - Library - Book FairThursday - "The Flight of Icarus" & "Icarus's Flight"Friday - "The Flight of Icarus" & "Icarus's Flight"ELA (Henderson):
TEKS: 7B, 7C, 8A, 5F, 6C, 8A, 7A, 9A, 10Dvii,
* "Words Matter" Vocab Wall- Each student will add a new word from their weekend reading (30 minute minimum each weekend with the completion of one book/quarter).
*Textbook Selections- Unit 1 "Taking Action":
Selections this week include: Short Story, Myth, and Poem
Parents, check out our new online textbooks under your child's Classlink!
Texas History (Kendzior): Continuing to work on their lap books (major grade) for the Natural Regions of Texas. Friday, Oct.20th students will have a vocabulary quiz.Texas History (Walker): Texas History-We are studying the regions of Texas and beginning a project over Texas elevations. Students have an instruction sheet and rubric in Google Classroom! We will be working on our projects in class Wednesday and Thursday!
Texas History (Gunter): Working on our Region's Lapbook (test grade) this will be due Friday 9/20.
Math (Moorman and Thompson): This week we will write and solve 2 step equations. QUIZ Friday!
Honors Math (Moorman and Wilson): This week we will Solve Equations and Inequalities. Quiz Wednesday!
Science (Gomez): We will continue with Unit 1 and Cell Organelles. No tests scheduled at this time.
Science (T. Smith):
7th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 5 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 3 days
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion