8th Grade Announcements
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 16-20
Camacho(STEM/Science): Please see Coach Camacho's website for specifics.
Campos(Spanish): Please see Coach Campos' website for specifics.
Fitz(ELAR): We will be using our digital textbooks to read and analyze a love poem that is written as a humorous spoof. We will be learning what a sonnet is and how to spot irony. Then we will write a sonnet with a partner.
Flanery(Social Studies): Studying the French and Indian WarHenderson(Honors ELAR):Holland(World History): World History Honors Unit 1 Test Monday, Sept 16th.Mitchell(Algebra I): Please see Mr. Mitchell's website for specifics.
Neff/Smith(Science): We will be studying the structure of an atom and the Periodic Table. UNIT 1 TEST, Thursday, September 19th.
Walker(Social Studies): Continue our study on the Thirteen Colonies by learning about early forms of representative government. Units 1 and 2 test will be Monday, September 23rd!!
Wilson(Pre-Algebra): Solving equations in Unit 3. There will be a quiz on Thursday.
Algebra I Students: It is highly encouraged for you to have your own TI-84plus calculator.
8th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 2 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 1 day
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion