8th Grade Announcements
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18th
Week of February 18-22
Camacho(STEM/Science): Please see Coach Camacho's website for specifics.
Campos(Spanish): Please see Coach Campos' website for specifics.
Fitz(ELAR): We are finishing Flowers for Algernon and comparing it to The Scarlett Ibis.
Flanery(Social Studies): ELU - Shoe DriveHenderson(Honors ELAR):Fictional Unit: Pacing Guide for Reading/Novel Journal:
Mitchell(Algebra I): Please see Mr. Mitchell's website for specifics.
- 2/12- Book Selected/Student Choice
- Weekend 2/15-2/18- Goal: Get to the half way point in the book and answer 10 out of the 20 questions.
- Week of 2/19-22- In class, try to finish reading the book and take notes for the remaining questions
- Weekend of 2/22-24- Complete other 10 questions
- 2/26- Due date for Novel Journal
Smith(Science): Continue Unit 6: Invesitgating the Sun, the Earth, and Moon-Seasons, Lunar Phases, and Ocean Tides. Test scheduled for March 1st.
Walker(Social Studies): We will be continuing our Reform Movements ELU and kicking off our Shoes for Orphan Souls shoe drive. We would love to have new shoes or socks donated! Any donations can be dropped off to Coach Flannery or Mrs. Walker. Thank you!
Wilson(Pre-Algebra): City project is due on Feb 19. Unit 8 Test will be Feb 26.
General Announcements and Upcoming Events
Information for new students:
- Please complete the Parent Contact Form by September 7th.
- 8th Grade Supply List (Only page 1..not the rest of them...sorry!
- Algebra I Students: It is highly encouraged for you to have your own TI-84plus calculator.
8th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 2 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 1 day
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion