8th Grade Announcements
In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr....No School Monday, January 21.
Week of January 21-25
Camacho(STEM/Science): Please see Coach Camacho's website for specifics.
Campos(Spanish): Please see Coach Campos' website for specifics.
- We are working with research and expository writing using controversial topics chosen by the students.
- We are finishing the unit with relative pronouns, and introducing gerunds and participles.
- We will have our Unit 3 Test on Friday.
Flanery(Social Studies):Henderson(Honors ELAR):
Holland(World History):Mitchell(Algebra I): Please see Mr. Mitchell's website for specifics.
Analyzing Informational Texts:VocabularyProcedural directionsFive Types of Organization= sequential, descriptive, compare/contrast, cause/effect, problem/solution.Five informational pieces from text book to analyze*Students should be enjoying a book of their choice and selecting new vocab from text to record in their INB (Interactive Notebook).
Smith(Science): Continue Unit 4...Unit 4 Test, Wednesday, January 30th.
- We will be reviewing next week and finishing up our unit on Andrew Jackson.
- Unit 6-Andrew Jackson test is Friday! Please study notes and the Quizlet in Google Classroom.
Wilson(Pre-Algebra): We will be working on transformations on the coordinate plane. Our Unit 7 test will be Jan 31.
General Announcements and Upcoming Events
Information for new students:
- Please complete the Parent Contact Form by September 7th.
- 8th Grade Supply List (Only page 1..not the rest of them...sorry!
- Algebra I Students: It is highly encouraged for you to have your own TI-84plus calculator.
8th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 2 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 1 day
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion