Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree ART EC-12 Cerification
First off, I would like to introduce myself. I am Ms. Pappas, the new Middle School art teacher at Sunnyvale Middle School!
I graduated from Texas A&M Commerce with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and an EC-12 Art Certifification.
I am so excited to get to know you all and to share this coming year with you!
On a side note, this year will look a little different in the art classroom.
We will be learning about The Elements of Art and Principles of Design through various methods. Below are some supplies I would like each student to have. If there are concerns getting these supplies, please email me! If you are not able to get the supplies until next week, that is okay. All I ask this week is you bring yourself (either to class or online at the start of class), a couple pencils, eraser, ruler, and paper (if not a sketchbook for at-home learners).
Note on COVID for 2020 school year: Due to limiting shared supplies among students and having essential supplies at home for assignments, I am advising every student has the following supplies that they carry around with them to use in the art room and can use in their other classes.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns getting these supplies.
- Mixed Media Sketchbook (just for my class...I recommend Canson XL Mix Media Artist Paper Notebook Side Wired Pad, 9" x 12", 60 Sheets/Pad $7.97 from Walmart)
- Paper to practice on if learning from home (copy paper is great)
- Wood pencils
- Glue ( stick or liquid )
- Colored pencils (Any brand- Prismacolors are the best, not required)
- Watercolor set with brushes (there are many brands, any of them are fine)
- Hand held sharpener
- All of this must be in a large gallon bag with the students name clearly written across the front in permanent marker (ruler may not fit and that is okay; please carry separately)
These are the basic supplies I ask you please have by September 2nd. I am absolutely here to help and want to make sure all students have the necessary supplies to succeed. If there are any concerns, financially or otherwise, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau