7th Grade Announcements
Week of November 4th
What's going on in class?
Monday - Finish "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" epitaphs
Tuesday - Read myth "Prometheus" and answer critical thinking questions in spiral.
Wednesday - Library; group assignments for Mythology Comic Book
Thursday - Mythology Comic Book
Friday - Mythology Comic BookELA (Henderson):
Texas History (Kendzior):
Starting 11/4 we will be learning about the Colonization of Texas.Wednesday, 11/6 - Important people chart dueMonday, 11/11- Ch.7 People Due & Map dueWednesday, 11/13- Empresario Graphic Organizer dueThursday, 11/14- Empresario Letter- Major GradeMonday, 11/18- Empresario Advertisement- Major GradeWednesday, 11/20- Unit Test- Major GradeTexas History (Walker): We will be continuing our unit on the colonization of Texas-test Friday!
Texas History (Gunter):
Math (Moorman and Thompson): Unit 4 Test is Friday, November 8th and covers proportional and non-proportional relationships
Honors Math (Moorman and Wilson): Moorman's class will test Unit 4 Tuesday of this week. The next Unit for Wilson and Moorman is
Science (Gomez): Unit 2 Test is Tuesday. It will cover Body Systems, Geotropism, Turgor Pressure, Chemical, and Physical changes.Unit 3: Homeostasis will begin on Wednesday
Science (T. Smith):
7th Grade Grading Policy
The following guidelines apply to all academic areas (except Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Spanish and Honors W. History)
- Accurate and up to date grades shall be kept by each teacher with a minimum of 10 daily grades taken each quarter
- There should be a minimum of 3 tests or equivalent assessments required each quarter. This category does not include semester exams.
- Student will have up to 5 days to turn in late work
- Honors classes will have 3 days
- Point deduction for late work is left up to teacher discretion